Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 3

Assignment: Mash up a minimum of two photos selected from last week. One photo must be Lincoln era and another my this era.

Craft: In order to mash up these photos, the program "Photoshop" was used to complete this goal. I kept playing with different photos. I found on I like on a friend playing guitar hero, however, I decided to retake the shot, which I'll explain in composition. Also, via the Internet I acquired a photo of a younger Abe Lincoln and his youngest son, Tad.

Composition: I retook my gutiarhero shot. I decided to include another friend. Now there are two people playing guitar hero. They well be replaced by Abe and Tad Lincoln. I took the shot in a dorm room. All these elements help reflect my concept after what I was recommended to do after my first critique.

Concept: While finding photos of Abe, I noticed when Abe was with family his smile was different. Abe looks so serious and professional in his photos, but with family I see a smirk. The photo with Tad and Abe in unique because no matter how hard Abe tried to keep a serious face, you could see him smile at his boy. This leads me to think that Abe was a family man and a good father. This is what I will show in my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment